9939 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX | Directions 7824029.535196 -98.577390
Terrible. Do not move here. – I have lived at Park Hill for two years now.
The management is unorganized and completely incompetent. I was notified that I owed rent and "other charges", so I went to the office and it turned out they had made a mistake in their system. I spoke to the manager and thought everything had been taken care of, but a week later I got locked out of my apartment because they were still wrongly claiming I owed money. I have lived here for two years and always paid my rent on time, they're simply poorly staffed and don't care.
On top of that, the actual apartments are old and cheaply maintained. It seems like I have to call once a month to get the tiles in my shower fixed because they keep falling into the wall! The appliances are ancient, the laundry facilities are filthy and most of the time machines don't work. I have only ever used the pool once because it was so disgustingly dirty.
I moved in because it was inexpensive and the location was convenient. However, it has not been worth it.
Parkhill is the most worst, rudest, corrupt, infected, ... – I was a resident for almost 2 years of ParkHill Apartments, San Antonio, TX managed by Resource Residential. I had several issues with the apartment & its management and here are few:
1) Providing false promises when u r moving in or upgrading and will get the feedback we never said that when asked for.
2) I was delayed upgrading my apartment as one day they say 123 is available and come on 20th and on 20th they will say 345 is only available and next month no 345 is A3 you are moving within parkhill so upgrade to A2 and they won't charge me month on month as I am upgrading since my current lease expired. But send a red notice end of that month that I have to pay 230$ with 150 + fine as I am on month on month or vacate my current house in 3 days if I don't pay.
3) After having almost 5 discussion and 15 times walking to the front office they came up with a deal only after I signed the lease for the upgraded apartment that I have to pay addition 450$ instead of 650$ and they will absorb 200$ (shows their generosity)
4) No proper response from assistant manager or the manager when you go with any problem. You speak but we don't care (note not listen), it is what it is.
5) Assistant manager asks why I need to speak to the manager when there is an issue that I am not satisfied with.
6) My issues are never listened at all by any one name it Assistant Manager or Manager or Resource Residential. I wrote three mails to Resource Residential and called them twice but all in vein.
7) My registered car tire was stolen and no proper response when I approached the management. They told me just to call 911 and we are not responsible for anything, not even if the house falls down when u are inside.
9) My car was towed after the tire was stolen and no notice was given either at my home or in car windshield.
10) Towing agency told they don't keep the photographs when the car was towed and it is automatically sent to apartment account. When I asked for it with apartment management there is no reply.
11) I was charged more than 500$ by towing service and apartment management not even bothered to give an response and just said there is clause in the lease agreement we can tow.
12) Fed up with all these, I moved out and they fined me enough so my advance was not returned.
13) I gave almost all pages filled with complains when I upgraded (learning from my move within parkhill experience) but I was charged for those when I moved out.
14) If nothing is written in paper by apartment management they won't listen, they won't give anything in writing and they don't care any ... about the residents.
15) It is a bed bug factory and they never die here. Even you go and show them how much you are infected with and how ur skin has transformed they will look at you like why are you telling me this and then reply after minute log a bug treatment schedule for ur apartment.
Note: I saw with all apartments that they will do whatever to get you move to their apartment then you will see the real face. But beware parkhill has the worst worst worst ... (is there any word in english for worst to the power of infinite) and rude to the power of infinite.
Rating: Don't even ask me there is nothing that negative that a 1 terrabyte memory drive can store.
over 75 bites – Ok, only been here a few weeks and I am covered in bed büg bites. (For some reason this site won't let me type "büg") Never had them before moving in and the ones I found where adults so they must of been there awhile. The bites are big, red and itchy and some people can be very allergic to their bites. They said they couldn't do anything until three days after I found them. So I guess for the staff, sleeping with bügs is ok for their tenats.
Not to mention, when I moved in the air conditioner wasn't working and it took them a week to fix in San Antonio weather, in the middle of summer.
I tried to pick up a package from the office and they had the door locked during business hours. They saw me standing outside and wouldn't let me in for 45 mintues.
They tried to fix my hot water, because it was freezing. Now its scolding and I can't even stand under it without buring my skin.
This place is awful. I am already trying to find ways to get out of this hell hole.
Cheap and Convenient... Old and Poorly Managed – I moved in because it's cheap and an easy 10min walk to USAA. The place isn't bad, but working with the office staff is like teaching Physics to, well, people from San Antonio. The first agent I dealt with was helpful, but they left the company soon after I submitted my application/deposit (red flag?), so I was stuck working with some ridiculously stereotypical Latina, straight out of the city's south-side (19y/o single mom, bad attitude). But alas! She's not the only high school drop-out among the group! The lady in charge of the whole complex is the worst of them all (don't know her name yet, so just ask for the aged slag who works in the back office).
During my first two weeks of tenancy, the water heater wasn't working (in December, mind you), so I requested it be looked at on three separate occasions. The first time, nothing happened, so about a week later when I picked up a package, I watched them write down a work order. The guy showed up when I was at work, and I have a dog, so he wouldn't enter the apartment, which is understandable. The third time was when I went to pay rent; the main lady-manager said that they wouldn't call anybody out because it was Saturday. I reminded her that I (LEGALLY) didn't have to pay rent per the lease agreement, and she responded with, "Yeah, and I could have you evicted within days." Awesome. If you're thinking about moving here, just prepare yourself for working with people who have a third-grade education and no concept of customer service. I'm clean and quiet with a steady income, and they bring the threats before my first month is even over. Joke's on them, though, because I'll be paying rent in multiple checks on the 3rd of every month until I move out.
The complex itself is quiet and surprisingly well maintained (well built). Just about everything is visibly old/worn, but nothing major (mostly on deck/stairwells). I give it six weeks before the Jennifer Lopez crew is let go. Stay in school!!
Good decent place, nice customer service – I have been living here for last 5 years and i never had any problems with the apartments. I moved to different apartment within Park Hill after marriage only because of the good customer service and quick response for any kind of service request.
Has two good pools, and these guys are fun to be with. We had annual parties, freebies, and best thing, great offers for renewing your lease here....
I would definitely recommend this.
I would not say highly recommended only reason being these apartments are little old. But have been maintained very well.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Park Hill Apartment Homes on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.